rave-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Angular branch
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:09:21 GMT
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Matt Franklin <m.ben.franklin@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Erin Noe-Payne <erin.noe.payne@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hey All,
> >
> > I added a few tickets last week for the new rest api routes. If anyone
> > is available to help on the angular branch filling out the new rest
> > apis that would be extremely helpful.  In particular we need to
> > continue implementing the  pages api - most of this is just stubbed
> > out at the moment.  We will also need the users / authentication api
> > soon. We do have the old rpc routes that give a lot of the crud
> > functionality, but I don't want to spend too much time writing code to
> > plug in to the json rpc responses if we can have decent rest endpoints
> > in place.
> >

> Since the APIs are functionally separate, I think we should work them in
> trunk and merge them into the branch.  I will hopefully have time to fix
> the mongo issues for 0.21.1 today and can start the APIs later.  Anyone
> else have time?

I agree we should work on them in trunk and merge them back into the
branch. I don't have time but I need to make time. I'll continue work on
them this week.

On that note, I went to create APIs for Organizations and Groups and
realized there is no backend repository for either of those. They are just
attributes on person/user. My personal belief is that we should
have separate management of both groups and organizations since those
should really exist before a user, and have users assigned to them. Any
objections?

Chris

> > Erin
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Erin Noe-Payne
> > <erin.noe.payne@gmail.com> wrote:

> branch
> keep

> > rendered