rave-dev mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Using Wookie proxy behind rave
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:23:53 GMT
Hello,

I'm using wookie to deploy my widgets to rave. I've found something that
I don't know how handle.

When developing in wookie you have a proxy that is managed by policies
and it allows you to via javascript make queries to domains that are
outside the server.

While this works out of the box, when you deploy the widget to rave it
does not work. Chromiun says something like:

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL
http://localhost:8080/level2-rave-overlay-portal/app/page/view/5 from
frame with URL
http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/in...0/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080

<http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/index.html?idkey=ABsgy0qnz3zyxeXVX12nlAp4lOw.eq.&proxy=http://localhost:8180/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080>.

Domains, protocols and ports must match.

This is because wookie is running on port 8180 and Rave is running in
port 8080. When making a call to the wookie proxy it fails.

How should I work around this problem. I suppose that Rave must have
it's own proxy or run everything on same port. But I don't want to run
everything on the same container, and maybe not even same machine.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance.