rave-dev mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Re: Using Wookie proxy behind rave
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:31:08 GMT
Hello Scott,

Mmmmm. My eyes grew a lot when I've seen that it works perfectly on
Firefox.

It seems that Chromiun has something stricter. I don't know if this a
special setting or not.

Anyway I'm implementing a proxy based on Wookie one just in case it's
not an IFrame.

I cannot tell much about how it's rendered but it's rave default. It
seems to be an IFrame to me since the code for the widget does not shows
in the source view of the page.

Mmmmm. That's curious.

Someone should investigate what's happening with Chromium. I will try later.

El 06/06/13 20:23, Scott Wilson escribió:
> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> On 6 Jun 2013, at 18:23, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using wookie to deploy my widgets to rave. I've found something that I don't
know how handle.

>> When developing in wookie you have a proxy that is managed by policies and it allows
you to via javascript make queries to domains that are outside the server.

>> While this works out of the box, when you deploy the widget to rave it does not work.
Chromiun says something like:

>> Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://localhost:8080/level2-rave-overlay-portal/app/page/view/5
from frame with URL http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/in...0/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080
<http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/index.html?idkey=ABsgy0qnz3zyxeXVX12nlAp4lOw.eq.&proxy=http://localhost:8180/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080>.
Domains, protocols and ports must match.

>> This is because wookie is running on port 8180 and Rave is running in port 8080.
When making a call to the wookie proxy it fails.

>> How should I work around this problem. I suppose that Rave must have it's own proxy
or run everything on same port. But I don't want to run everything on the same container,
and maybe not even same machine.

>> What do you think?
> The W3C Widgets are normally rendered within iFrames so a call to the proxy server would
be to the same origin, so I'm not sure what is happening here. Are the widgets in IFrames,
or rendered inline somehow within Rave?