rave-dev mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Re: Using Wookie proxy behind rave
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:03:05 GMT
Hi Scott,

I can say that the widget is rendered into a IFrame as you said. I
tested other widgets and they also fail with chrome. Maybe it has
something to do with Chrome not with Wookie or Rave.

Everything works perfect with Firefox.

Have to do some other tests...

El 07/06/13 10:29, Scott Wilson escribió:
> On 6 Jun 2013, at 21:00, Erin Noe-Payne wrote:
>
>> The widgets are iframes. Open the inspector in chrome or firefox and
>> you should be able to identify the iframe elements and the url from
>> which they are hosted:
>>
>> <iframe src="...">
>>
>> The error you are seeing is because the widgets are violating the
>> same-origin policy, making a request to a different origin from where
>> they are hosted. If that iframe src url is a different origin from the
>> wookie proxy server then it will cause that error.
>>
>> In a default deployment rave hosts the gadgets, wookie, and shindig
>> all from the same origin. If you want to host wookie from a different
>> origin and you want to make a request from a gadget then I believe you
>> need to host that gadgets from that same origin.
> I'm not sure Erin.
>
> Normally the widget would call /proxy?url=actual_url within its own origin (on port 8180).
So there isn't a requirement AFAIK that both Rave and Wookie have to be on the same port,
at least for this purpose.

> if Wookie is running on 8180, and so is its proxy server, then I don't understand why
it would be trying to connect with Rave on 8080.

> I wonder if this problem has nothing to do with proxied access? Do other widgets also
generate the same error without invoking a proxied URL?

>> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Scott Wilson
>> <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:

to be an IFrame to me since the code for the widget does not shows in the source view of the
page.

>>> Its odd given that the widget appears to be in:

>>> With a proxy at:

>>> And yet we have this attempt to access:

>>> Which I presume isn't the proxied URL you're after?
>>>
>>> Something doesn't add up here...

and it allows you to via javascript make queries to domains that are outside the server.

it does not work. Chromiun says something like:

from frame with URL http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/in...0/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080
<http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/index.html?idkey=ABsgy0qnz3zyxeXVX12nlAp4lOw.eq.&proxy=http://localhost:8180/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080>.
Domains, protocols and ports must match.

in port 8080. When making a call to the wookie proxy it fails.

it's own proxy or run everything on same port. But I don't want to run everything on the same
container, and maybe not even same machine.

proxy server would be to the same origin, so I'm not sure what is happening here. Are the
widgets in IFrames, or rendered inline somehow within Rave?