rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Wookie proxy behind rave
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:23:56 GMT
Hi Gonzalo,

On 6 Jun 2013, at 18:23, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using wookie to deploy my widgets to rave. I've found something that I don't know
how handle.

> When developing in wookie you have a proxy that is managed by policies and it allows
you to via javascript make queries to domains that are outside the server.

> While this works out of the box, when you deploy the widget to rave it does not work.
Chromiun says something like:

> Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://localhost:8080/level2-rave-overlay-portal/app/page/view/5
from frame with URL http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/in...0/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080
<http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/index.html?idkey=ABsgy0qnz3zyxeXVX12nlAp4lOw.eq.&proxy=http://localhost:8180/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080>.
Domains, protocols and ports must match.

> This is because wookie is running on port 8180 and Rave is running in port 8080. When
making a call to the wookie proxy it fails.

> How should I work around this problem. I suppose that Rave must have it's own proxy or
run everything on same port. But I don't want to run everything on the same container, and
maybe not even same machine.

> What do you think?

The W3C Widgets are normally rendered within iFrames so a call to the proxy server would be
to the same origin, so I'm not sure what is happening here. Are the widgets in IFrames, or
rendered inline somehow within Rave?