rave-dev mailing list archives

From Erin Noe-Payne <erin.noe.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Wookie proxy behind rave
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 20:00:33 GMT
The widgets are iframes. Open the inspector in chrome or firefox and
you should be able to identify the iframe elements and the url from
which they are hosted:

<iframe src="...">

The error you are seeing is because the widgets are violating the
same-origin policy, making a request to a different origin from where
they are hosted. If that iframe src url is a different origin from the
wookie proxy server then it will cause that error.

In a default deployment rave hosts the gadgets, wookie, and shindig
all from the same origin. If you want to host wookie from a different
origin and you want to make a request from a gadget then I believe you
need to host that gadgets from that same origin.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Scott Wilson
<scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 Jun 2013, at 19:31, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
>
>> Hello Scott,
>>
>> Mmmmm. My eyes grew a lot when I've seen that it works perfectly on Firefox.
>>
>> It seems that Chromiun has something stricter. I don't know if this a special setting
or not.

>> Anyway I'm implementing a proxy based on Wookie one just in case it's not an IFrame.
>>
>> I cannot tell much about how it's rendered but it's rave default. It seems to be
an IFrame to me since the code for the widget does not shows in the source view of the page.

>> Mmmmm. That's curious.
>>
>> Someone should investigate what's happening with Chromium. I will try later.
>
> Its odd given that the widget appears to be in:

> With a proxy at:

> And yet we have this attempt to access:

> Which I presume isn't the proxied URL you're after?
>
> Something doesn't add up here...
>

>> El 06/06/13 20:23, Scott Wilson escribiĆ³:
>>> Hi Gonzalo,

I don't know how handle.

it allows you to via javascript make queries to domains that are outside the server.

not work. Chromiun says something like:

from frame with URL http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/in...0/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080
<http://localhost:8180/wookie/deploy/clt.level2crm.com/widgets/lead_count/index.html?idkey=ABsgy0qnz3zyxeXVX12nlAp4lOw.eq.&proxy=http://localhost:8180/wookie/proxy&st=#rpctoken=UKly2b&oahParent=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080>.
Domains, protocols and ports must match.

8080. When making a call to the wookie proxy it fails.

own proxy or run everything on same port. But I don't want to run everything on the same container,
and maybe not even same machine.

>>> The W3C Widgets are normally rendered within iFrames so a call to the proxy server
would be to the same origin, so I'm not sure what is happening here. Are the widgets in IFrames,
or rendered inline somehow within Rave?