rave-dev mailing list archives

From Erin Noe-Payne <erin.noe.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Require.js in 0.22
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 22:19:29 GMT
If we make it optional, we will basically be conditionally AMD
defining the rave js, and to actually use require it would be on an
implementer to overlay every file that has script tags or inline
"onclick" events. In other words it would be a big pain and not really
worth it unless you really wanted the value of require.js immediately
- at MITRE we would do that though. It would mostly just be giving 1
release warning that the old method will be deprecated.

Personally I think the breaking change will be cleaner and more
consistent with the end state of the angular application. But as it
will force some amount of work on current implementations wanting to
go to 0.22, I don't want to go that route unless there is buy-in.