rave-dev mailing list archives

From Erin Noe-Payne <erin.noe.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML vs JSON
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 20:23:20 GMT
Chris, after thinking about this more carefully, I believe that any
list endpoint should return a full representation of the object.
Endpoints should support a ?fields query string parameter to allow
partial representation as needed. I've outlined this in my recent
proposal for the rest api interface - we can continue discussion
there.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Erin Noe-Payne
<erin.noe.payne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct.
>
> On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Chris Geer <chris@cxtsoftware.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Erin Noe-Payne <erin.noe.payne@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> For individual resources angular will expect json objects, for any
>>> query or list results, angular would expect an array of objects. It
>>> does not necessarily care if those objects are partial representations
>>> - that's more about our architecture and balancing # of requests on a
>>> page vs weight of data we deliver. Does that answer your question?
>>>

>> Just to make sure, for example, if you requested a .../people/ and got
>>
>> [{ "id": 1, "name": "Bob"}, { "id": 2, "name": "Sue"}]
>>
>> but when you requested ../people/1 you got
>>
>> { "id": 1, "name": "Bob", "email": "bob@bob.com"...}
>>
>> it would be ok. i.e the full object at /people/1 doesn't match the object
>> in the list at /people/

>>> web
>>> the
>>> detail