rave-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject List participation (was [Proposal] REST API interface)
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:13:27 GMT
I want to fork this thread to bring up an important discussion item.  We
need to ensure that everyone participates on the list and doesn't work
behind the scenes.

Specifically, the following statements drew my eye:

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Erin Noe-Payne <erin.noe.payne@gmail.com>wrote:

> We currently have several developers interested in contributing to the
> apis and the angular branch

Ok, I think that's it. This is meant as a proposal only - we are
> looking for feedback to go forward. Thoughts?

If you have developers you work with, or manage, that would like to
contribute, please encourage them to do their collaboration and
participation here.  This ensures that everyone is on the same page and has
to the same visibility into the development process.  It is not enough that
developers submit patches via review board, we really want to drive a
higher degree of collaboration within the community as a whole.

I don't mean to imply that I don't appreciate their work.  On the contrary,
I am excited about it.  I just want to make sure this is a meritocracy and
not a representative meritocracy.