rave-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject Re: XML vs JSON
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 03:58:45 GMT
On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Erin Noe-Payne <erin.noe.payne@gmail.com>wrote:

> For individual resources angular will expect json objects, for any
> query or list results, angular would expect an array of objects. It
> does not necessarily care if those objects are partial representations
> - that's more about our architecture and balancing # of requests on a
> page vs weight of data we deliver. Does that answer your question?

Just to make sure, for example, if you requested a .../people/ and got

[{ "id": 1, "name": "Bob"}, { "id": 2, "name": "Sue"}]

but when you requested ../people/1 you got

{ "id": 1, "name": "Bob", "email": "bob@bob.com"...}

it would be ok. i.e the full object at /people/1 doesn't match the object
in the list at /people/