rave-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Kalkur <rohit.kal...@gmail.com>
Subject Angular Branch: Adding hasRegionWidgets method to PageResource
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:53:45 GMT
Hey everyone,

I am writing a check for the ng-hide directive of the "Add widgets to this
page" message (which is displayed on any Page that does not have any
widgets on it).

For now, I have added a method to the PageResource object called
hasRegionWidgets(), which basically determines whether any of the regions
for that page have region widgets.

However, I was examining the tabs.html and thought eventually it might make
sense to refactor the CurrentPageCtrl into 2 separate controllers: one for
handling the current page tab functionality (edit page, move page, delete
page, etc...) and one for managing operations on the current page itself
(sending the current page info to the widget store).

If we go with that design, it might make sense to move the
'hasRegionWidgets check' to the controller that would manage the current
page operations.

Anyhow, I just wanted to poll the dev list to see what everyone's thoughts
were. For now, I was thinking of just submitting the patch with the
hasRegionWidgets() method on the PageResource and then later on down the
road if we go with the 2 split controllers, we can just refactor everything.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
-Rohit K