rave-dev mailing list archives

From Erin Noe-Payne <erin.noe.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Angular: rave_widget 'render' method doesn't accept strings for the element anymore
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:48:28 GMT
On Monday, September 30, 2013, Dan Gornstein wrote:

> Stanton,
>
> Right now that page is broken because we did not update the code to use the
> JavaScript files in their new location.
>
> To get to the current portal with the angular development try visiting the
> following URL once running the project:
>
> http://localhost:8080/portal/app/angular/portal
>
> Let me know if that helps or if you have any more questions.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan Gornstein
>

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Stanton Sievers <sieverssj@gmail.com<javascript:;>
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm looking into the Angular branch and have run into an issue when
> trying
> > to render the test portal, i.e., http://127.0.0.1:8080/portal/  When I
> > login with canonical, for instance, none of the default widgets on the
> page
> > will render.  I tracked the issue down to the rave_widget.js file and its
> > widget's "render" method.  In trunk, this method will accept an
> HTMLElement
> > or String for the "el" argument.  In the Angular branch, this is not the
> > case - it only accepts an HTMLElement.
> >
> > Is this temporary or should I expect rave_view_manager (or at least it's
> > use in this particular case) to go away in the future?

Dan is correct, however you should expect the core API to change in the
angular branch. In short, this is because angular manages views through the
actual markup whose stage is driven by controllers, rather than the legacy
approach where views need to manually be created or managed via hurry or
other Dom manipulation.