rave-dev mailing list archives

From Stanton Sievers <siever...@gmail.com>
Subject Angular: rave_widget 'render' method doesn't accept strings for the element anymore
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:15:29 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into the Angular branch and have run into an issue when trying
to render the test portal, i.e., http://127.0.0.1:8080/portal/  When I
login with canonical, for instance, none of the default widgets on the page
will render.  I tracked the issue down to the rave_widget.js file and its
widget's "render" method.  In trunk, this method will accept an HTMLElement
or String for the "el" argument.  In the Angular branch, this is not the
case - it only accepts an HTMLElement.

Is this temporary or should I expect rave_view_manager (or at least it's
use in this particular case) to go away in the future?

Here's the commit that seems to have changed the behavior:
*1520402    9/5/13, 3:51 PM    12    erinnp    Set up directives, support
registering of views and navigating

Thanks,
-Stanton