rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding widgets with Wookie
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:47:12 GMT
On 23 Jan 2014, at 11:53, Adrian wrote:

> Yes.
>
> I tryied re-running the command mvn cargo:run, and what I could see is that after executing
that command the folder where I placed my .wgt is eliminated and again created without my
own widget…. so, of course, rave can’t add my W3C widget.

Just to confirm, I've written out the exact steps I've taken to add a new W3C widget to Rave:

1. Start Rave (mvn cargo run…)

2. Drop <mycustomwidget>.wgt into tomcat6x/webapps/wookie/deploy

3. In Rave, log in as an admin user (e.g. canonical from the default install)

4. Click "Widget Store" on the menu bar.

The Widget Store page opens.

5. Click "Add new widget" on the menu bae.

The Add new widget page opens.

6. Click the "W3C" tab.

7. Click "Browse".

The Browse window opens.

8. Scroll down until you find your widget, and click "Get Metadata"

The "Add Widget" form appears, with the information from your widget filled in.

9. Click "Add Widget"

The message "This widget is waiting for approval by the site administrator" is shown.

10. Click "Admin inteface" on the menu bar.

The Rave admin interface page opens.

11. Click "Widgets" in the left-hand menu.

12. Navigate through the results until you find your widget. The results are in alphabetical
order. Click the title of your widget.

The EDIT WIDGET DATA form opens.

13. Change the value of Status from PREVIEW to PUBLISHED

14. Click UPDATE WIDGET at the bottom of the form (not the orange "Update Widget Metadata"
button)

The widget is now published, and should be visible in the widget store for users.

> El 23/01/2014, a las 12:39, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> escribió:
>
>> On 23 Jan 2014, at 11:33, Adrian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all, I’m doing the same right now, but doing the steps as Scoott or Paula
said, I have no widget new in store than the first ones that appears once I did the custom-installation.

>>> So, Can someone explain a little bit more in detail??
>>>
>>> I add only my .wgt to the mentioned folder,I must say that it works, I proved
it in a wookie portal first.

>>> After I execute mvn cargo:run as normal in the portal to run it. I go to the
store and when I’m trying to add a new widget using W3C it doesn’t appear so I’m lost
-.-

>> DId you go to the store admin view and add the new widget? They aren't added automatically
to the store, you have to go through the admin screens and select it from those available
from Wookie to make it available in the store.

>>> Thanks.

store, and add the widget to make it available  - it doesn't get added automatically, you
need to select it from those available from Wookie within the Rave widget store admin UI.

Rave.

LAMS,
If I want