rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding widgets with Wookie
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 19:56:23 GMT

On 21 Jan 2014, at 18:42, Paula Álvarez Álvarez wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> What I did is this:
> 	1.- One I had my widget, I copied the folder that contains all the
> widget's files to the folder where Rave has its own widgets' files.
> 	2.- Then I copied the .wgt file (my widget) to the foler where Rave
> has these files:
> $RAVE_HOME/myraveproject-portal/target/tomcat6x/webapps/wookie/upload
> 	3.- I executed Rave as usual and tried to add my widget from the
> widget store. However, it doesn't appear...
> Is that what you meant?

Yes (though I'm not sure about step 1 - normally you just need to drop the .wgt file and nothing
else?)

In Rave, you need to log in as the portal administrator, go to the widget store, and add the
widget to make it available  - it doesn't get added automatically, you need to select it from
those available from Wookie within the Rave widget store admin UI.