rave-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian <darkspin...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding widgets with Wookie
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:39:50 GMT
Ok, solved.

I was putting the .wgt not in the deploy folder but instead in the upload.

Once I did it in the correct folder It appears in the widget store as you have commented.

Another two question.:

Every time we start rave we must include our .wgt in the deploy folder, or there is some way
of execution that allow us to run cargo:run and have the own widget automatically added????

The other one,

Is right now the render function widget for a W3C down??? I add any of them (mine or default)
to portal but nothing appears,any solution?

Thanks for the help :):)

El 24/01/2014, a las 09:47, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> escribió:

> On 23 Jan 2014, at 11:53, Adrian wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>>
>> I tryied re-running the command mvn cargo:run, and what I could see is that after
executing that command the folder where I placed my .wgt is eliminated and again created without
my own widget…. so, of course, rave can’t add my W3C widget.

> Just to confirm, I've written out the exact steps I've taken to add a new W3C widget
to Rave:

> 1. Start Rave (mvn cargo run…)
>
> 2. Drop <mycustomwidget>.wgt into tomcat6x/webapps/wookie/deploy
>
> 3. In Rave, log in as an admin user (e.g. canonical from the default install)
>
> 4. Click "Widget Store" on the menu bar.
>
> The Widget Store page opens.
>
> 5. Click "Add new widget" on the menu bae.
>
> The Add new widget page opens.
>
> 6. Click the "W3C" tab.
>
> 7. Click "Browse".
>
> The Browse window opens.
>
> 8. Scroll down until you find your widget, and click "Get Metadata"
>
> The "Add Widget" form appears, with the information from your widget filled in.
>
> 9. Click "Add Widget"
>
> The message "This widget is waiting for approval by the site administrator" is shown.
>
> 10. Click "Admin inteface" on the menu bar.
>
> The Rave admin interface page opens.
>
> 11. Click "Widgets" in the left-hand menu.
>
> 12. Navigate through the results until you find your widget. The results are in alphabetical
order. Click the title of your widget.

> The EDIT WIDGET DATA form opens.
>
> 13. Change the value of Status from PREVIEW to PUBLISHED
>
> 14. Click UPDATE WIDGET at the bottom of the form (not the orange "Update Widget Metadata"
button)

> The widget is now published, and should be visible in the widget store for users.

Paula said, I have no widget new in store than the first ones that appears once I did the
custom-installation.

the store and when I’m trying to add a new widget using W3C it doesn’t appear so I’m
lost -.-

>>> DId you go to the store admin view and add the new widget? They aren't added
automatically to the store, you have to go through the admin screens and select it from those
available from Wookie to make it available in the store.

the .wgt file and nothing else?)

store, and add the widget to make it available  - it doesn't get added automatically, you
need to select it from those available from Wookie within the Rave widget store admin UI.

Rave.

LAMS,
If I want