rave-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian <darkspin...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding widgets with Wookie
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:33:14 GMT
Hi all, I’m doing the same right now, but doing the steps as Scoott or Paula said, I have
no widget new in store than the first ones that appears once I did the custom-installation.

So, Can someone explain a little bit more in detail??

I add only my .wgt to the mentioned folder,I must say that it works, I proved it in a wookie
portal first.

After I execute mvn cargo:run as normal in the portal to run it. I go to the store and when
I’m trying to add a new widget using W3C it doesn’t appear so I’m lost -.-

Thanks.

El 21/01/2014, a las 20:56, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> escribió:

> On 21 Jan 2014, at 18:42, Paula Álvarez Álvarez wrote:
>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> What I did is this:
>> 	1.- One I had my widget, I copied the folder that contains all the
>> widget's files to the folder where Rave has its own widgets' files.
>> 	2.- Then I copied the .wgt file (my widget) to the foler where Rave
>> has these files:
>> $RAVE_HOME/myraveproject-portal/target/tomcat6x/webapps/wookie/upload
>> 	3.- I executed Rave as usual and tried to add my widget from the
>> widget store. However, it doesn't appear...
>> Is that what you meant?
>
> Yes (though I'm not sure about step 1 - normally you just need to drop the .wgt file
and nothing else?)

> In Rave, you need to log in as the portal administrator, go to the widget store, and
add the widget to make it available  - it doesn't get added automatically, you need to select
it from those available from Wookie within the Rave widget store admin UI.