rave-dev mailing list archives

From Reala Valoro <realaval...@gmail.com>
Subject Rave 0.24 failed to run tests when building dist
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 03:15:27 GMT
Hi all,

I am getting started with Apache Rave. My goal is to extend it to make my
own portal, but first I need to deploy it on Tomcat 7 and replace the H2
database by MySQL.

I tried to follow steps on
http://rave.apache.org/documentation/installing.html
but when I type mvn -Pdist I get an error complaining about some test
failed (See Appendix 1)

Also, how should I proceed if I want to use Rave as the core of my own
custom portal and customize it to use my own Tomcat 7 container (not its
bundled tomcat6 through cargo) and my own database? Should I generate my
own distribution as I was trying to do and start from there tweaking it? or
should I better extend Rave as described in documentation by getting the
Archetype?

I'm a little bit confused but I assume the "Archetype way" is a way of
getting the latest Rave version and a way to overwrite it, while the
"Building my own distribution with mvn -Pdist" is a way to be able to
modify Rave directly instead overwriting it. Am I right?

Any advice on this error and on getting started to reach my goal would be
much appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

APPENDIX 1:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test (default-test)
on project rave-portal: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to
/home/realavaloro/projects/dev/rave/rave-portal/target/surefire-reports for
the individual test results.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :rave-portal