rave-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some doubts
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:03:42 GMT
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Adrian de vil <darkspinter@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some questions I dont really understand while looking at them in
> the Documentation.
>
> Looking the Security section, I saw that the authentication client is
> provided by spring, so what about if I want use tomcat security options??.
> I am talking in a extended portal.

Spring security supports Tomcat authentication[1].  You can remove Spring
Security all together, but that will take significant customization and
refactoring.

> OAuth is activated by default or it is necessary to activate it by the way
> indicated in website???

I am unsure what you mean by activated.  OpenSocial OAuth 1.0(a) [2]
support is enabled by default, but no other OAuth mechanism is enabled.

> If I want to activate MongoDB. It will have important differences with the
> SQL database provided by default???

The Mongo layer and the SQL layer should operate in the same manner.  Any
differences are unintentional and should be logged as bugs.  To enable
mongo, you need to exclude the JPA jars and include the mongo provider as
noted in the documentation [3].

> The diagram used in the Components section is the same obtained in a
> extended portal , Am I right?

The diagram represents the demo binary.  The custom archetype creates a
custom portal and opensocial provider (shindig).  The cargo plugin then
pulls down the other components noted in the diagram.

> And the last one, I have created some dynamic widgets using wookie, but I
> found a problem, when I add them to the extended portal a horizontal scroll
> appears, and in a dashboard.... Is a problem, asking for some help you
> recommend me to modify the css of the widget or the css of the look and
> feel of the page???

Someone in the community who is more familiar with W3C widgets will have to
answer this one.

> Thank you,
>
> Adrian

[1]