rave-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject REST API & Metadata
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 05:49:02 GMT
At some point the new CXF calls all got wrapped with a metadata object. For
the return types that are lists I understand why we did it but for the
single objects we are returning an empty block. Is there a reason we are
wrapping the non-list data?

Another thing is, is wrapping the data the right thing to do or should we
be using something like link headers [1] like github does [2][3]?

I could go either way with representing the list data (headers or metadata)
but I definitely think we should remove the wrapping for the non-list data.
What impact will that have on the Angular branch?

Chris

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988
[2] https://developer.github.com/v3/#pagination
[3]