rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Project Next Steps
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:48:33 GMT
I did a session at Apache on on using Vagrant as a community development
tool (short version, produce VM images for cloud providers, use then to
provide live demos, personal demos, dev environments).

When writing the session I tried to use Rave as the case study, but the
installation failed. I didn't have the time to debug so went with Solr
instead.

Would the team be interested in a Vagrant + Puppet configuration to do
this. I'll need someone more current than me to help me figure out the
installation problem. I probably will not maintain the scripts as I'm no
longer using Rave.

It has the added benefit of ensuring all devs are on the same environment
for build and test (although Vagrant + Puppet also makes it easy to create
VMs using different base OSs).

Ross