royale-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] project vs. product name vs artifact names
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:39:35 GMT

> So our mantra should be "keep it simple" to be able to make people outside
> our world have the opportunity to be attracted by our tech.

Agreed on the "simple." But it may be better to have a few products that do
what they advertise to do instead of one monolithic product that I then
need to configure the heck out of to make it do what I want... And trust
me, as the "new" guy coming in, I can tell you from the past few days of
trying: it's already overwhelming when you try to get into Royale.

I'd rather have a few product preconfigured and ready to compile to my
intended output format out of the box, than one large one that I then have
to look up in the manual to see if I can find a combination of settings and
compiler configs to tame it.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software