royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] project vs. project name
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 10:25:07 GMT
Hi,

my opinion on this regard is that having many sub names (aka product names)
and packages will only confuse people coming to Royale.
As well, I think we already manage outputs via compiler params to dictate
if we want to target one or more outputs.
So I'll be more happy with only one name and only one package that could
output JS, WASM, SWF, ....)

People coming from Flex will find us and will know we can be their solutions
Meanwhile people that search for a frontend tech, will come to read about
Angular, React, ...and hope in some time Royale. We don't
want those people be contaminated for old Flash or Flex that could make
them not choose us for something is not relevant to us.

So I think we should always look forward and as we decided to remove "JS",
we should as well not have a "FlexJS" version inside

That's my 2ctn

Thanks

Carlos

--