royale-dev mailing list archives

From RAT-Moonshine <devs...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Building a repository front end with Royale
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 17:37:12 GMT
Piotr Zarzycki wrote
> If you go to the folder
> "*Downloads/apache-royale-jsonly-0.9.0-bin/js/bin/"*
> and give in the terminal access to the file mxmlc by command "*sudo chmod
> 755 mxmlc*" - You will be able to build Royale examples. - I will probably
> add this one to the instruction.

Generally, in case of triggering some 3rd party application from AIR, it
needs to execute 'chmod' first before starts a NativeProcess (in macOS), but
in Moonshine we never required to use this command. All the Flex/JS/Feathers
SDK compilers (so far) able to execute by just placing inside the user's
~/Downloads folder and which didn't required any custom command to run (by
the user)  to execute in the Moonshine.

Not sure about FlexJS Royale executable, though; if this particular command
help you to make this usable, that is fine, too. Although, we believe asking
users to run certain command manually is not very intuitive.

Thanks!

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/