royale-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: PR18 - NOTICE file update
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 18:39:07 GMT
Hi -

Two points.

(1) The PR has an extra copyright for the ASF added. This would need to be removed from the
PR.

(2) The inclusion of the following:

The Initial Developer of the Original Code, known as Adobe Flex, is Adobe Systems Incorporated
(http://www.adobe.com/).
    Copyright 2003 - 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.

This is debatable, It is debatable in both Flex and Royale. I think that the debate is more
about the inclusive “The Initial Developer …”

Better language would be something like:

“Includes software developed and distributed as Adobe Flex.
    Copyright 2003 - 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.”

I have also added this commentary to the PR.

Regards,
Dave

> On Dec 4, 2017, at 1:16 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I disagree. The wording is misleading and wrong and I don’t think anything needs to
be propagated in this case.

> I did not close the PR because I wanted to leave it up to other PMC members to decide
if I’m right or wrong. I’ll leave it other folks to decide if this is an issue.

> Harbs
>
>> On Dec 4, 2017, at 11:03 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> I did point out it was an outstanding issue several week back and IMO needed to be
addressed before a release was made.