royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building a repository front end with Royale
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 11:57:25 GMT
Ditto to what Piotr said.

Additional comments:

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 1:17 PM, Dany Dhondt <archemedia@mac.com> wrote:
>
> - will Royale be production ready by february/march?
I think it’s production ready now. It’s a bit rough around the edges in some places, but
I’m using it in (almost) production today:
https://marketinginflection.com/printui-demo.php <https://marketinginflection.com/printui-demo.php>

> - is it possible to easily integrate javascript only components into Royale? Example:
FullCalendar.js [2]

Yes. If you take a look at the above app, we’re using Spectrum for a color picker: http://bgrins.github.io/spectrum/
<http://bgrins.github.io/spectrum/> The same could be done for any JS library.

> - could anyone provide an IntelliJ template to start with?

Can’t help with IntelliJ specifically, but this works pretty well for generating a project:
https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/generator-flexjs <https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/generator-flexjs>
> - I'll definitely need help during the development proces, will this be available?

> - and last but not least: is Royale the right choice?

I can’t comment on your project, but in hindsight it was definitely the right choice for
mine. If you are familiar with Flex, I think you’ll find yourself much more productive using
Royale than any other framework.

Is this a single page application, or do you need page routing? If the latter, there might
be some bumps with Royale.