samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Van Laere <oliviervanla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Instances
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 05:45:56 GMT
Hey,

> One thing I want for example, is to dynamically set the number of
> classes for an instance, as we discover those classes in the stream.
> Hopefully the new instances will allow that.

Out of interest: how was this not possible in the old version? Did the instances themselves
store info about the number of classes? I’m asking as I remember having dynamic expansion
of the potential class labels in the Naive Bayes model, but there it is the model that keeps
track of which labels have been seen so far, by reading that data out of the instances.

Thanks for the update Albert, seems an interesting improvement over the current implementation.

Cheers,
Olivier