samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <g...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Contributing patches
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:52:00 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to discuss about how we will handle contributing code to SAMOA.
In other projects, the typical Apache voting process is to require two +1's
for code contributed by other people, and one +1 for code developed by a
contributor.
Voting happens on the Jira tracking the issue, and each code change is
associated with a Jira issue.
I think that's a reasonable way to do it.

I don't have much experience on how to handle things with git in this
process though.
Should we attach diffs to the Jira anyway? What about pull requests on the
GitHub mirror?
Maybe Matthieu can help us here, as S4 was already using git.

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco