samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Instances
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:47:52 GMT
Hi,

I think the main interface (Instance) is very complex.
It has a very large number of methods, and the reason behind some of them,
and how they relate to each other, is obscure to me.

For example, what is classAttribute supposed to do when we have a
multi-target instance?
What about sparse-only methods when called on dense instances?
What is the semantic of insertAttributeAt and how is it different from
setValue?

I have other doubts, but maybe it's just lack of documentation/comments in
the code.

In general, what about having a hierarchy of interfaces for Instances,
rather than putting all the functionality in a single one?

Cheers,

--
Gianmarco