samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Contributing patches
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:30:07 GMT
Note that we have to opt in for the github integration. By filing an
infra jira ticket selecting which of the following integration
features we'd like:

1. Any Pull Request that gets opened, closed, reopened or commented on
now gets recorded on the project's mailing list
2. If a project has a JIRA instance, any PRs or comments on PRs that
include a JIRA ticket ID will trigger an update on that specific
ticket
3. Replying to a GitHub comment on the dev@ mailing list will trigger
a comment being placed on GitHub (yes, it works both ways!)
4. GitHub activity can now be relayed to IRC channels on the Freenode network.

I think we want 1, 2 and 3. (we haven't setup irc channels). I can
file this after the repo migration.

Also, we'll want to :
- migrate tickets from github to jira,
- disable issues management on github/yahoo/samoa (so that all tickets
are handled through asf's jira),
- add a notice about the migration and the new way to submit pull
requests. This could be done after effectively migrating the repo.

Matthieu