samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <matthieu.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Instances
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:47:11 GMT
I'm confused. From what I see the number of classes is currently fixed
in the instance header. As if it was static. I suppose you can work
around that limitation with some hacks but I want to use a clean API
for that.

Or is there a recommended way I'm missing?

Thanks,

Matthieu

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Albert Bifet <abifet@waikato.ac.nz> wrote:
> Olivier, you're right, that was also possible in the old implementation.
>
> Cheers,
> Albert
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Olivier Van Laere
> <oliviervanlaere@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>>> One thing I want for example, is to dynamically set the number of
>>> classes for an instance, as we discover those classes in the stream.
>>> Hopefully the new instances will allow that.
>>
>> Out of interest: how was this not possible in the old version? Did the instances
themselves store info about the number of classes? I’m asking as I remember having dynamic
expansion of the potential class labels in the Naive Bayes model, but there it is the model
that keeps track of which labels have been seen so far, by reading that data out of the instances.