samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Dev git setup
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 11:42:27 GMT
OK,

I was trying to check out a pull request today and I realized there is
something missing from this setup.
Namely, we need a remote for the Apache GitHub mirror because pull requests
are submitted there.
So my revised setup is now:

→ git remote -v
apache https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-samoa.git (fetch)
apache https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-samoa.git (push)
origin git@github.com:gdfm/incubator-samoa.git (fetch)
origin git@github.com:gdfm/incubator-samoa.git (push)
upstream git@github.com:apache/incubator-samoa.git (fetch)
upstream git@github.com:apache/incubator-samoa.git (push)

And if I want to checkout a pull request I can simply do:
git fetch upstream pull/<pr_id>/head:<branch_name>

E.g., git fetch upstream pull/2/head:SAMOA-6 creates a branch SAMOA-6 with
the pull request checked out.

Cheers,

--
Gianmarco