samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] SAMOA 0.3.0 (incubating) RC0
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 08:04:02 GMT
Hi Justin,

I don't mind at all, rather your feedback is very welcome.
It's our first release and my first time as a release manager, so any
feedback is highly appreciated.

Given the issues you highlighted, I'll cancel the current vote and prepare
a new RC1.

1) I'll fix the gradle wrapper issue.
2) Add a DISCLAIMER file.
3) Fix missing headers.
4) Add (incubating) to the NOTICE file, and see how to make it more
standard.
5) Fix copyrightNotice string in Globals.java.
6) Add Yahoo in the NOTICE file.
7) Fix copyrights and author tags in the remaining files.

Regarding MOA, Yahoo actually received a license to redistribute part of it
with an ASL inside the SAMOA project from the copyright holders of the MOA
project.
This happened when we first open-sourced SAMOA, well before we entered
incubation.
It is not uncommon for software to have double licenses.

Thanks,

--
Gianmarco