samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Bifet <abi...@waikato.ac.nz>
Subject Re: September 2015 Report
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 17:20:41 GMT
Hi,

Here is a draft of our September 2015 report. Please send me any
comments by tomorrow.

Thanks,

Albert

============================

SAMOA

SAMOA provides a collection of distributed streaming algorithms for the most
common data mining and machine learning tasks such as classification,
clustering, and regression, as well as programming abstractions to develop new
algorithms that run on top of distributed stream processing engines (DSPEs).
It features a pluggable architecture that allows it to run on several DSPEs
such as Apache Flink, Apache Storm, Apache S4, and Apache Samza.

SAMOA has been incubating since 2014-12-15.

  1. Grow the community
  2. Elect new PMC members
  3. Following up our first release with further releases

aware of?

In the last report, we reported that two of our current PMC members
(Olivier and Matthieu) will not be able to actively contribute to the
project for the moment being. This leaves 4 active PMC members.

  Mailing list activity (June-July-August 2015):
  * @dev     225 messages

  Jira issues backlog (June-July-August 2015):

  * Created:  10
  * Resolved: 5

Our main goal is still to grow the community, which is still pretty small.
We are doing a large amount of dissemination work in conferences and events
to promote SAMOA.

We have had contributions from outside the PMC.
In particular, we have been collaborating with the Apache Flink community.

Main developments:

* First release 0.0.3 in July.
* Cleanup of codebase to ease adoption by new contributors.

We should increase the rate of technical contribution to the project and
move to less incremental ones.

Date of last release:

  2015-07-21

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

None