samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Austin Bennett <whatwouldausti...@gmail.com>
Subject Samoa and Beam
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 18:35:13 GMT
Hi Samoa Dev,

It has struck some of us in the Apache Beam (https://beam.apache.org) community
that we have complimentary if not overlapping projects in many respects.
We were discussing yesterday that Beam is trying to handle the ability to
be cross DPSEe (SAMOA term), though more generally handle the compute on
top of a number of 'runners' (beam term).  Many of us have strong ML
interests, and around Streaming ML.

We were starting to brainstorm around how these projects could play well
together.  Prior to implementing things, the thought was to reach out to
learn of Samoa dev's thoughts.  It doesn't look like there are ongoing
project updates, and haven't seen code pushed in awhile.

Has anyone in the Samoa community thought much on this?  Are people
following this mailing list?

Thanks,
Austin