samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jmcl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release SAMOA 0.5.0 (incubating) RC0
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2019 08:46:43 GMT
HI,

> I am working on updating the licencing in the files now. It seems to me that the previous
2 releases under Apache incubation used the licences as they stand - has Apache's licencing
guidelines changed recently? Or was this an oversight?

Well I did point this out last release [1], but had forgotten about that and rediscovered
the same issue. If an issue is pointed out in a release you should fix before the next release.

> Does Apache recommend a standard way for automating the licence checking process?

I would use rat, but it may not pick up an issue like this. In my experience automation will
only pick up most issues not all issues. We would need to make many changes for license header
and licenses and notice files to be machine friendly.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f74288b1a6b644f9359b89632bcd9911c6aa14d4a52cbb64ab553481%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E