samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Sterling <coreytsterl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release SAMOA 0.5.0 (incubating) RC0
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2019 02:41:18 GMT
Hi Justin,

Thanks for taking the time to review the release candidate.

I am working on updating the licencing in the files now. It seems to me
that the previous 2 releases under Apache incubation used the licences as
they stand - has Apache's licencing guidelines changed recently? Or was
this an oversight?

I have contacted Łukasz Ławniczak and received his permission to remove the
copyright from the files where he is named.

Does Apache recommend a standard way for automating the licence
checking process? SAMOA currently uses the licence-maven-plugin but I am
thinking of moving to maven-checkstyle-plugin as it is more flexible in
checking the licence and can also support code-style checks. But if Apache
already has some configuration for this, that would be preferable.

Thanks,

Corey.