samza-dev mailing list archives

From Worthy LaFollette <wort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello Samza example
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 02:16:49 GMT
nm.log:
13/10/14 19:22:49 INFO nodemanager.NodeManager: STARTUP_MSG:
/************************************************************
STARTUP_MSG: Starting NodeManager
STARTUP_MSG:   host = Worthys-MacBook-Pro-2.local/10.252.27.133
STARTUP_MSG:   args = []
STARTUP_MSG:   version = 2.0.5-alpha

rm.log:
13/10/14 19:22:49 INFO resourcemanager.ResourceManager: STARTUP_MSG:
/************************************************************
STARTUP_MSG: Starting ResourceManager

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Chris Riccomini <criccomini@linkedin.com>wrote:

> Hey Worthy,
>
> What do the deploy/yarn/logs/rm.log and deploy/yarn/logs/nm.log files say?
>
> I'm a bit stumped. We might have to mail the YARN mailing list for help. I
> ran a clean checkout for hello-samza last night, and fixed one bug (which
> is now up on Github), but I don't believe it's related to your issue.
> Other than that one bug, I was able to startup and run successfully
> without seeing this problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> P.S. Bug fix was
> https://github.com/linkedin/hello-samza/commit/4d35f4e664a3afea75e7a399e65b
> 8308cc2ed8a6
>
> On 10/14/13 10:36 PM, "Worthy LaFollette" <worthyl@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I just ran the example as specified, no changes on what otherwise should
> >have been a clean machine (Mac OS - 10.8.5).
> >
> >1) No
> >2) Former - just bin/grid
> >3) No
> >4) No
> >
> >Also confirmed that no Network filters were in play to prevent the
> >connection.
> >

> >On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Chris Riccomini
> ><criccomini@linkedin.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Worthy,
> >>
> >> Hmm. That's exciting. A few questions:
> >>
> >> 1. Do you have kerberos setup on your machine? Running `klist` should
> >>give
> >> you a list of Kerberos credentials.
> >> 2. Are you simply running the bin/grid script, or are you trying to run
> >> Samza jobs on a "real" YARN cluster?
> >> 3. Did you change the yarn-site.xml configuration at all?
> >> 4. Do you have any Hadoop-related environment variables set? ($ env |
> >>grep
> >> HADOOP, $ env | grep YARN).
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Chris