samza-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Schaefers <klaus.schaef...@ligatus.com>
Subject Fwd: Some Questions About Stream Partitions
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:02:58 GMT
Hi,

I have been reading about the Samza and I like the concept behind it a lot.
In particular the local key-value store is a good idea. However I have some
short questions regarding the local state that I couldn't answer while
reading the web page. I would be very happy if someone could answer them
shortly. Here they are:

1) In case of failure, will Samza restore the state automatically on
another node?

2) If I want to scale out and increase the number of stream partitions. How
is the local storage handled? Is it distributed by the framework as well
according to the partitions?

Cheers,

Klaus

Klaus Schaefers
Senior Optimization Manager

Ligatus GmbH
Hohenstaufenring 30-32
D-50674 Köln

Tel.:  +49 (0) 221 / 56939 -784
Fax:  +49 (0) 221 / 56 939 - 599
E-Mail: klaus.schaefers@ligatus.com
Web: www.ligatus.de

HRB Köln 56003
Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Kaufmann Lars Hasselbach, Dipl.-Kaufmann Klaus Ludemann,
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Arne Wolter