samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Kreps <jay.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal]SQL on Samza :D
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:25:30 GMT
Yeah this would be great. We have talked about something like this
internally for a while but never gotten to it.

The general idea was to do something like Hive--have a client that takes a
query (or set of queries) and turns it into a plan that is then executed in
the appropriate number of jobs.

I wonder if you would be up for posting some of the ideas you have around
the design of the language as you progress to get feedback and discussion?

-Jay