samza-dev mailing list archives

From Anh Thu Vu <vuanhthu...@gmail.com>
Subject Adjust heap size according to memory allocated to containers
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:05:31 GMT
Hi guys,

If I'm not wrong, the heap size is 768MB by default (default value in
run-class.sh) and if I want to change that I can either export the
JAVA_OPTS var on all my machines or change the default value in the
run-class.sh.

But IMO, both options are not optimal and I think it's best that this value
can be set to something like: 0.75*(memory allocation for the container)

What do you think? Is there currently an "easy" way to achieve something
like that?

Casey