samza-dev mailing list archives

From Massimiliano Tomassi <max.toma...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing a custom MessageCollector
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 21:58:41 GMT
Hello all,
I was trying to figure out what's the way to implement and use a custom
MessageCollector. Let's say I want to send messages to a system different
from Kafka. How should I do that? Is there any tutorial explaining this?

I was also thinking at the following use case, not sure if it makes sense
at all but here it is: let's say we receive messages, process them somehow
and then we want to store the results in a remote DB, Cassandra for
example. Does it make sense to create an implementation of MessageCollector
that stores to Cassandra? Also, given that performing a write for every
single message can be not very efficient, would it be possible to collect
some data and then write them to Cassandra as a single batch operation?

I hope to have explained myself decently...and I hope to receive some
suggestions.

All the best.
Max

Massimiliano Tomassi