samza-dev mailing list archives

From Shekar Tippur <ctip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Samza as a Caching layer
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 20:15:13 GMT
Yarn seem to be running ..

yarn      5462  0.0  2.0 1641296 161404 ?      Sl   Jun20  95:26
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java -Dproc_resourcemanager -Xmx1000m
-Dhadoop.log.dir=/var/log/hadoop-yarn -Dyarn.log.dir=/var/log/hadoop-yarn
-Dhadoop.log.file=yarn-yarn-resourcemanager-pppdc9prd2y2.log
-Dyarn.log.file=yarn-yarn-resourcemanager-pppdc9prd2y2.log
-Dyarn.home.dir=/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn -Dhadoop.home.dir=/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn
-Dhadoop.root.logger=INFO,RFA -Dyarn.root.logger=INFO,RFA
-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native -classpath
/etc/hadoop/conf:/etc/hadoop/conf:/etc/hadoop/conf:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/./:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*:/etc/hadoop/conf/rm-config/log4j.properties
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager

I can tail kafka topic as well ..

deploy/kafka/bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh  --zookeeper localhost:2181
--topic wikipedia-raw

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Chris Riccomini <
criccomini@linkedin.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hey Shekar,
>
> It looks like your job is hanging trying to connect to the RM on your
> localhost. I thought that you said that your job was running in local
> mode. If so, it should be using the LocalJobFactory. If not, and you
> intend to run on YARN, is your YARN RM up and running on localhost?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> On 9/2/14 12:22 PM, "Shekar Tippur" <ctippur@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Chris ..
> >
> >$ cat ./deploy/samza/undefined-samza-container-name.log
> >
> >2014-09-02 11:17:58 JobRunner [INFO] job factory:
> >org.apache.samza.job.yarn.YarnJobFactory
> >
> >2014-09-02 11:17:59 ClientHelper [INFO] trying to connect to RM
> >127.0.0.1:8032
> >
> >2014-09-02 11:17:59 NativeCodeLoader [WARN] Unable to load native-hadoop
> >library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
> >
> >2014-09-02 11:17:59 RMProxy [INFO] Connecting to ResourceManager at /
> >127.0.0.1:8032
> >

> >and Log4j ..
> >
> ><!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">
> >
> ><log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
> >
> >  <appender name="RollingAppender"
> >class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
> >
> >     <param name="File"
> >value="${samza.log.dir}/${samza.container.name}.log"
> >/>
> >
> >     <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd" />
> >
> >     <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
> >
> >      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} %c{1}
> >[%p] %m%n" />
> >
> >     </layout>
> >
> >  </appender>
> >
> >  <root>
> >
> >    <priority value="info" />
> >
> >    <appender-ref ref="RollingAppender"/>
> >
> >  </root>
> >
> ></log4j:configuration>
> >

> >On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Chris Riccomini <
> >criccomini@linkedin.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Shekar,
> >>
> >> Can you attach your log files? I'm wondering if it's a mis-configured
> >> log4j.xml (or missing slf4j-log4j jar), which is leading to nearly empty
> >> log files. Also, I'm wondering if the job starts fully. Anything you can
> >> attach would be helpful.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Chris

> >>see