samza-dev mailing list archives

From Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Yarn High Availability - Samza Compatibility Plans
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:51:25 GMT
W.R.T HA RM, AM doesn't need to make any change if it is using
AMRMClient(Async), which will automatically take care of the work required
when RM failover happens.

One thing that may interest Samza is the work-preserving AM restarting. If
Samza AM crash for some reason, when it restarts, it can try to get the old
containers back, to continue the work. To achieve this, Samza needs some
logic optimization on the AM side.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.