samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yan Fang <yanfang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Samza as a Caching layer
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 00:56:42 GMT
Hi Shekar,

Sorry for so much trouble. I guess we miss some pieces here. Let's make
sure something:

1. which branch of hello-samza are you using? latest or master? (suggest
master) (I ask this is because by default, the hello-samza already contains
the log4j and slf4j dependencies. A little confused since you have to add
the dependencies by yourself)

2. when you run bin/produce-wikipedia-raw-data.sh, can you see the
wikipedia-raw topic gets messages in Kafka?

3. since you are running in local mode, if you are using the master branch
(which is using samza 0.7.0), could you change

job.factory.class=org.apache.samza.job.*yarn.YarnJobFactory*

job.factory.class=org.apache.samza.job.*local.LocalJobFactory *

in wikipedia-feed.properties ?

Then restart the samza job.

Let me know how it goes. :) Thank you.

Cheers,