samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yan Fang <yanfang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YARN UI does not work
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:15:41 GMT
-- Hi Zeel,

I think currently the Vagrant tutorial has some issues as we described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-189 . The workaround are:

option 1: in your local machine, do as this tutorial
http://samza.incubator.apache.org/startup/hello-samza/0.7.0/

option 2: if you do not want to use your local machine, since you already
have the VB, you could use the CDH quickstart VM as a replacement.
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/downloads/quickstart_vms/cdh-5-2-x.html
. Thought it's a little big, it contains a lot of stuff that a cluster will
contain ( 1 node cluster. ) . Then do as the tutorial.
http://samza.incubator.apache.org/startup/hello-samza/0.7.0/ . One
difference is that, instead of running  "bin/grid bootstrap", you only need
to run "bin/grid install kafka" and "bin/grid start kafka", because this VM
already contains Yarn and Zookeeper.

option 3: if you want to test the Samza in a cluster, Chris has a good
tutorial about how to set up the cluster by yourself.
http://samza.incubator.apache.org/learn/tutorials/0.7.0/run-in-multi-node-yarn.html

-- Hi Shekar,

If you are using Vagrant, I think it does have some issues. Maybe you could
do as option 1 and option 2. :)

Hope the late reply can help you. Thanks.

Cheers,

Fang, Yan
yanfang724@gmail.com
+1 (206) 849-4108

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Yan Fang <yanfang724@gmail.com> wrote:

> So seems currently the workaround is to install the YARN by running *bin/grid
> install yarn* .
>
> Fang, Yan
> yanfang724@gmail.com
> +1 (206) 849-4108
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Chris Riccomini <
> criccomini@linkedin.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Hey All,
>>
>> It sounds like the virtual machine path is busted. We either need to fix
>> it or remove it. This topic is discussed here:
>>
>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-189
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>>
>> On 10/29/14 11:05 AM, "Shekar Tippur" <ctippur@gmail.com> wrote: