samza-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Hoover <roger.hoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on topic creation
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:04:27 GMT
Hi all,

I want to deploy a Samza job in a pre-production environment and need to
figure out how to handle configuration of the various topics.  In
particular, I want to make sure topics like the KV store changelog are
configured to be compacted so that data isn't lost over time.

Do I need to manually create the KV store changelog topic?  I saw this
ticket (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-226) but it looks like
it's still open.

Do checkpoint topics get created?  If not, what does the
"task.checkpoint.replication.factor" configuration do?  Are jobs tasks
assigned to partitions of a shared checkpoint topic or do they each get
their own checkpoint topic?

So far I've developed my proof of concept job with 0.7.0.  Should I proceed
with this version or would it make life easier to use trunk or something
closer to 0.8.0?

Anything else I need to watch out for?

Thanks,

Roger