samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Time to graduate from incubator?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 19:59:16 GMT
Hey all-
   The 0.8 vote is wrapping up and has been quite uneventful,
indicating we've got the release process down. It's time to start
thinking about the next step for the project. Samza has been
incubating for a bit more than a year and in that time:
* has successfully released two versions
* has added five new committers/PPMC members
* opened nearly five hundred JIRAs
* created a diverse community with committers from multiple
organizations (LinkedIn, Confluent, Microsoft, Hortonworks,
ImproveDigital)

Overall, in my opinion the community has demonstrated a strong
understanding of the Apache Way and is ready to graduate.  Thoughts?

If people agree, the process is quite similar to a release vote. We
vote on a graduation resolution, which will then be forwarded to the
Incubator for a vote there.  Once that vote has passed, the resolution
is forwarded to the Board, which will vote on it during its monthly
meeting.  Unless otherwise requested, all current PPMC and committers
will be included as the initial set for the new top level project.  An
example resolution can be found here: http://bit.ly/FalconGraduation

Thanks,
Jakob