samza-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Sriram <amaron...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Metrics Reporter
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 22:43:59 GMT
Hi,
 I'm a newbie to samza, and am trying to write my own MetricsReporter. My
requirement is very similar to that of the provided
SnapshotMetricsReporter, except that I want to send the metrics directly to
a custom metrics reporting tool that I use instead of a Stream. I'm finding
that somehow all TaskInstance level metrics aren't being reported in my
reporter even though they register. Ex. Kv store level metrics and
window-calls etc are all always 0. My custom task specific Counters I
register also don't seem to register with my custom Reporter, but
SamzaContainer and SystemProducer level metrics do appear. To debug, I
tried running both the SnapshotMetricsReporter and my CustomMetricsReporter
simultaneously and find that SnapshotMetricsReporter reports all metrics
correctly. Can someone please help me identify what may be going on?

Thanks,
Karthik