samza-dev mailing list archives

From "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <metac...@gmail.com>
Subject How to set up yarn queue name
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 18:15:18 GMT
Hello

I tried submit Samza job in our EMR hadoop cluster but I got the following
error:

[image: Inline image 1]

So, I asked our company hadoop admin and I got advised to set up the queue
name. I added the following line in Samza job property but it didn't work:

mapreduce.job.queuename=root.adhoc
yarn.scheduler.fair.user-as-default-queue=false

Do you know how to set up yarn queue name?

FYI, I copied our hadoop cluster fair scheduler policy. We disabled default
queue.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<allocations>
    <queue name="adhoc" type="parent">
        <weight>10</weight>
        <maxRunningApps>300</maxRunningApps>
        <queue name="nsharma">
           <weight>5</weight>
        </queue>
    </queue>

    <queue name="default">
        <weight>0.0</weight>
    </queue>

    <queue name="emergencyuseonly">
        <weight>0.0</weight>
        <minResources>0 mb, 0 vcores</minResources>
        <minSharePreemptionTimeout>10000</minSharePreemptionTimeout>
    </queue>

    <queuePlacementPolicy>
        <rule name="nestedUserQueue">
            <rule name="specified" create="false" />
        </rule>
        <rule name="specified" create="false" />
        <rule name="reject" />
    </queuePlacementPolicy>

    <userMaxAppsDefault>20</userMaxAppsDefault>
    <fairSharePreemptionTimeout>60</fairSharePreemptionTimeout>
</allocations>

Thank you
Best, Jae